I almost forgot to mention that I have also started blogging for the new blog at Change.org – Race in America, with a lot of other awesome writers from many walks of life. I’m pretty excited about it. You’d notice I mostly focus on criminal justice, Hollywood white-washing, and immigration, along with the occasional piece on terrorism, but I hope to cover a lot more ground soon.
Also, given the recent spate of hate and fear-mongering, I’m often quite confused whether to put a post under the Immigrant Rights section or the Race one so what I do nowadays is that if a post has racial analysis, it gets sent to Race in America rather than Immigrant Rights.
Some recent pieces of interest:
- The Case for Race-based Jury Nullification
- New Crack-Cocaine Sentencing Disparity, Slightly Less Racist Than Before
- The Racial Politics of Gun Control
- Justice for Oscar Grant? The Media Just Wants to See “Race Riots”
- Machete — The First Latino Action Hero?
- Why Obama Doesn’t Need Cojones to Kick-Start Immigration Reform